The purpose of the Pupil Premium grant is to ‘narrow the gap between disadvantaged pupils and all pupils by addressing inequalities and raising the attainment of those families in low incomes’.
- To ensure the maximum progress of disadvantaged pupils by making clear links between the progress of pupil premium pupils and appraisal/performance management of all teachers, teaching assistants, behaviour support staff
- To ensure all pupils make maximum progress by developing the effectiveness of oral and written feedback to pupils
- To provide CPD for teachers and support staff to teach effective strategies for writing and maths working out
- To continue to support pupils’ social, emotional and behavioural needs by developing the role of support staff
- To further reduce the gap between pupil premium pupils and their peers.